Thursday, June 7, 2012

Gatherings

The three events that always brings people together are birth, death, and marriage. I'm not aware of any births as of recently, but the other two are certainly near. Its a feeling of conflict that draws near when you'll be attending a funeral and a wedding in the same week. It feels like you should only do one thing; if you go to the funeral take the time to mourn and support those whom have lost a loved one, if you go to the wedding make sure you're there to support the newlyweds. This actually triggered a memory of my brother's wedding and a death of a grand aunt around the same time... my family went to the wedding, whereas other relatives attended the funeral. If there were only one event I could choose, I would support the one nearest and dearest to me. There are happy times and there are sad times, but no matter the feeling attached, we should cherish the time we have with the people we love and care about because you never know if there will be a tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment